Single line comment - SourceCharacter but not LineTerminator

Good day, i am reading ecmascript. in that for single line comments i need some explanation with examples . pls check image.i can understand SingleLineComment ::// SingleLineCommentCharsopt but after that i am not able to understand , if anybody clarifies, it will be very helpful for me.
single-line .Thank you.

It's hard to know how to help without a better idea of what you're struggling with. Let's start with the last production. What don't you understand about
SingleLineCommentChar :: SourceCharacter but not LineTerminator
?

1 Like

thank you for the reply. got one answer from community. Reading that topic. in wikipedia, Terminal and nonterminal symbols,Extended Backus–Naur form. If i get some doubt on this, i will post about that here.

SourceCharacter links to ECMAScript® 2024 Language Specification

Thank you very much for the reply. i will read that.If i get some doubt on this, i will post about that here.

Please don't cross-post - javascript - Single line comment - SourceCharacter but not LineTerminator - Stack Overflow

To OP's credit, here is the best place to ask, and SO's among ths worst places to ask that kind of question.

Thank you. now i got some understanding.Still want to discuss more things of ecmascript in upcoming days.If i get enough time and if you all give support from time to time,it will help me to do some best things in ecmascript & javascript.Once again , Thank you.