System Performance Impact of Virtual Threads

I was thinking of developing an Operating System to be built around an IDE or programming language (eg Rust) or a design studio such as Blender or game engine such as Unreal Engine to reduce system process bloat and optimize and or streamline the render pipeline and the software engineer's design workflow in those specialized areas.

But this leads me to my first question: Using an x86 implementation example, the latest Intel 12th Gen i9 processor prototype features (8 performance cores + 8 efficiency cores) for a total of 16 cores, yet it only has 20 threads. Not 32. Or 16! So should threads only speedup context switching, and with the performance advances in SSDs why not implement this switching on-disk, allowing for a virtual amount of context switching.

Also what are or should be some of the benefits you would expect of a building an operating system kernel around an ECMA specification?

Ecma has many specifications, but this discourse is only for the ones TC39 governs (262 and 402 and 404).

Given that none of these specifications include any i/o, I'm not sure how you would go about using them to build an operating system kernel. What benefits do you envision that prompts the question in the first place?